According to a 2006 study by Gerard Seijts and Dan Crim, "...an employee’s attitude toward the job['s importance] and the company had the greatest impact on loyalty and customer service then all other employee factors combined.
Measuring Employee Attitude
Organizations are increasingly interested in retaining right talents while targeting for new talents; measuring employees attitude provides an indication of how successful the organization is in fostering a conducive environment which nurtures great attitude among employee’s towards their Job and company .
Because attitude is basically a psychological state, care should be taken in the effort of quantitative measurement, although a large quantity of research in this area has recently been developed.
The usual measures of employee attitude involve an employee attitude survey
with a set of statements using a Likert Technique or scale. The employee is asked to evaluate each statement in term of their perception on the performance of the organization being measured
The following are a few typical Questions asked in Employee Attitude Survey
- Please describe your position with the company.
- How long have you worked for this company?
- I have ready access to the information I need to get my job done.
- I am familiar with the mission statement put forth by my department.
- I agree with the mission statement put forth by my department.
- I am involved in decision making that affects my job.
- Management has created an open and comfortable work environment.
- I know my job requirements and what is expected of me on a daily basis.
- I have received the training I need to do my job efficiently and effectively.
- Training is provided to enable me to do my job well.
- Management recognizes and makes use of my abilities and skills.
- I am treated with respect by management and the people I work with.
- I am encouraged to develop new and more efficient ways to do my work.
- Employees work well together to solve problems and get the job done.
- Management is flexible and understands the importance of balancing my work and personal life.
- I would recommend others to work for this company.
- What changes, if any, do you feel need to made in your department to improve working conditions?
- What changes, if any, do you feel need to be made in the company to improve working
The surveys of this type provides an understanding how the employee perceives the organization.
Employee attitude surveys measure your employee's opinions on most of the aspects of an workplace including:
- Overall satisfaction
- Management/employee relations
- Corporate culture
- Career development
- Recognition and rewards
- Working conditions
- Staffing levels
- Safety concerns
- Policies and procedures
How to conduct Employee Attitude Survey
AnalyseSurvey survey software is a complete solution for Employee Attitude Survey.
The AnalyseSurvey employee attitude survey solution includes industry standard survey templates, a platform for hosting survey, collecting responses, and an advanced suite of analytical tools for analyzing the results.
Building and deploying a employee attitude survey using AnalyseSurvey is very simple, quick and reliable. AnalyseSurvey survey software does not require any programming skills - all it takes to design a complete survey is only a few clicks. Responses are automatically computed and presented in an easy to read graphical format in real time. AnalyseSurvey includes an array of employee attitude survey templates.